Memorandum of Association of the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST)
The Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology, Guwahati was founded in the year 1979 by the Assam Science Society with the prime objective of setting up a premier research establishment and generating infrastructure for carrying out high quality research in Science and Technology in North Eastern Region. The institute was registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 as a separate institute of Government of Assam in the year 1991. The IASST, Guwahati was converted into an autonomous grant-in-aid institute under department of Science and Technology, Government of India with effect from 09-03-2009.
- 1.Name : The name of the society is the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology
- 2.Head Office : The head office of the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology is located at Vigyan Path, Paschim Boragaon, P.O.-Garchuk Guwahati-781035, Assam
- 3.The Objectives :
The primary objectives of the IASST are:
- To create an exclusive centre of excellence for and applied scientific research in Physical and Life Sciences.
- To strengthen scientific research in core areas by generating funds through extramural projects.
- To attract and motivate the young talents towards scientific research.
- Social interventions for spreading awareness for growth of Science and Technology in the region.
- 4.Scope of Works: The scope of works of the Institute is as follows:
- Basic and Applied Plasma Physics
- Advanced Material Sciences
- Mathematical and Numerical Sciences
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems Research
- Traditional knowledge Based on Drug Development and Delivery.
- 5.Vision : The IASST is envisioned to emerge as leading knowledge based institute of excellence for carrying out high quality research in Physical Sciences and Life Sciences. The institute would build human capacity in frontier areas of Science and Technology.
- 6.Rules & Regulations: Rules and Regulations means the Rules and Regulations of the Inst–itute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST).
- 7.Bye laws : Bye laws means Bye laws of the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST) framed under rule 20 of the Rules &Regulations of the IASST.
- 8.Staff Rules : Staff Rules means Staff Rules of the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology(IASST) framed under rule 24 of the Bye laws of the IASST.